Junior Olympic Girls Team
Central Coast Gymnastics is proud to have developed the largest Girls Artistic Gymnastics Junior Olympic (J.O.) Program on the Central Coast. Our belief is that all athletes, regardless of potential, must have a solid foundation of basic skills in order to advance safely. Our program allows gymnasts to advance at their own pace in a nurturing and positive environment, and requires year-round training. CCG team coaches are highly skilled, USAG certified and in many cases have been coaching for 10 plus years.
Our competitive girls team competition season begins in the Fall, typically September - November. These gymnast may qualify to compete in the State meet per competitive year during the season pre-qualifying meets.
The first step in a comprehensive artistic gymnastics program is to be in the CCG Developmental Girls Program. Gymnasts invited to this class will learn beginner and fundamental skills on each of the four events: vault, uneven bars, balance beam and floor. CCG Developmental Girls has two classes: Hot Tots (ages 4-5) and Pre-Team (ages 5-6). The focus of Developmental Girls is on strength, flexibility and fostering a love for gymnastics. Typical practice hours range from 2-6 hours weekly.
The CCG Compulsory Girls Program consists of team athletes that compete in the lower levels (2-5) of the USA Gymnastics Junior Olympics System. The main focus is on building strength and body control, as well as learning the required routines to compete in levels 2-5. Athletes are required to commit to many hours in the gym and compete at least five meets including a state level meet. CCG’s Compulsory Team athletes practice between 6-16 hours weekly.
As an optional gymnast at CCG (levels 6-10), one must exhibit advanced strength, flexibility and a strong desire to continue developing their skills. At these levels, athletes will obtain their own unique routines on all events. If an athlete desires to compete in college, this program is the right one. Although there is no certainty for advancing to level 10, our coaching staff is trained to coach the highest level gymnasts, including Elites. Athletes compete in the spring season and will attend between 5-10 meets, as well as states, regionals and nationals. Our Optional Team athletes train for 16+ hours weekly.
2019/2020 Competition Schedule & Results
Compulsory Season (Levels 2-5)
- Vineyard Classic at California Gymnastics Academy: September 21 & 22
- SLO Gymfest at Central Coast Gymnastics: October 5th & 6th
- Flipping Above the Valley at Gymnastics Zone: October 19th & 20th
- Jack-o-Lantern Jamboree at Clovis Academy: November 2nd & 3rd
- All American Classic at V-Force Elite: November 9th & 10th
- Level 3 State Championships: November 16th & 17th
- Level 4 & 5 State Championships: November 23rd & 24th
Optional Season (Levels 6-10)
- Mt. Whitney Classic at CCGI: January 25 & 26
- Spirals Beach Classic at Spirals Gymnastics: February 8 & 9
- Elevate Gym Fest at Elevate Gymnastics: February 14 & 16
- Vegas Fame Stars at All Olympia Gymnastics Center: March 6, 7, & 8
- Level 8-10 State Championships: March 21 & 22
- Level 6 & 7 State Championships: March 28 & 29
- Level 8-10 Regional Championships: April 18 & 19
- Level 6 & 7 Regional Championships: April 25 & 26
Mary C. Powell Living Trust
Walter T. Powell
Charles McMurray Co.
eLearning Innovation LLC